Volunteer Centre Havering
HAVCO is pleased to host the Volunteer Centre in Havering!
Volunteer Centre Havering is the volunteer development agency for the London Borough of Havering. We aim to increase the number of volunteers and volunteering opportunities in Havering and to ensure a quality experience for volunteers as well as volunteer involving organisations. The centre performs the following 6 core functions:
- A free brokerage service, recruiting and matching individuals interested in volunteering with appropriate opportunities in voluntary and community organisations in the London Borough of Havering.
- If you are interested in volunteering then you can access the national volunteer opportunities website 'Do-It' by clicking here or to register with us click here to download the form
- Do you need volunteers? No matter how large or small your organisation or group is, if it involves volunteers then we will be able to help you. To register your first opportunity with us click here or for adding additional opportunities here
Promotion and Marketing of Volunteering
- The Centre promotes and markets volunteering to the public through local events and advertising in the media.
Good practice development
- We provide free and independent information, advice and training to volunteers, prospective volunteers and volunteer involving organisations.
- We provide resources to help groups manage their volunteers, such as the 'Volunteering Good Practice Booklet'
Developing Volunteering Opportunities
- Working with volunteer involving organisations in the borough to help them develop their volunteer programmes and opportunities
Policy response and Campaigning
- We take part in local, regional and national campaigns on issues affecting volunteering including Volunteers' Week and Make a Difference Day.
Strategic Development of Volunteering
- We work with local public bodies, contributing to the Local Area Agreement target of increasing community participation in the borough.
Volunteer Management Portal
England's Volunteer Management Portal acts as a gateway to the world of volunteer management with links to over a thousand resources and information on support, training and development opportunities for people managing volunteers.
To visit the portal click here